[Asterisk-doc] docs installation.xml,1.3,1.4

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:55:48 -0400

compliant
> card which allows you to connect
> > ! 				standard analog telephones and analog lines
to a
> computer.  The card uses small
> > ! 				modules to activate the 4 ports on the card
> allowing any port to act as either an
> > ! 				FXO or FXS device.  There is an alternate
naming
> convention used when referencing
> > ! 				the TDM400P.  TDM##B where the first hash is
the
> number of FXS (0-4) interfaces and the
> > ! 				second hash is the number of FXO (0-4)
interfaces.
> > ! 				</para>
> >   			</sect3>
>
> I know this is a bit picking nits, but while the "port" on the back of
> the card can be either FXO or FXS, it is the daughter card that controls
> the interface. I feel it is important to ensure the new user understands
> the daughter board isn't selectable between modes but rather different
> boards do different things.
>
> If I knew right off how to word it better I would jump on it, but I'm
> finding it clumsy in my head at the moment.

The card uses small modules to activate the 4 ports on the card.  Depending
on which daughter card is plugged onto the board will determine whether the
port acts as an FXO or FXS interface.  The boards are not selectable between
modes; the module used determines the type of interface.

How's that?
Leif Madsen.