[Asterisk-doc] docs installation.xml,1.3,1.4

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 06 May 2004 09:51:38 -0500

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 09:37, blitzrage wrote:
>   			<sect3>
>   				<title>TDM400P</title>
> ! 				<para>
> ! 				The TDM400P is a half-length PCI 2.2 compliant card which allows you to connect
> ! 				standard analog telephones and analog lines to a computer.  The card uses small
> ! 				modules to activate the 4 ports on the card allowing any port to act as either an
> ! 				FXO or FXS device.  There is an alternate naming convention used when referencing
> ! 				the TDM400P.  TDM##B where the first hash is the number of FXS (0-4) interfaces and the
> ! 				second hash is the number of FXO (0-4) interfaces.
> ! 				</para>
>   			</sect3>

I know this is a bit picking nits, but while the "port" on the back of
the card can be either FXO or FXS, it is the daughter card that controls
the interface. I feel it is important to ensure the new user understands
the daughter board isn't selectable between modes but rather different
boards do different things.

If I knew right off how to word it better I would jump on it, but I'm
finding it clumsy in my head at the moment.
--
Steven Critchfield  <critch@basesys.com>