[Asterisk-doc] lsmod, rmmod and modprobe

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:47:35 -0500

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 08:03, Randolph Resnick wrote:
> In the section on building *, you want a lsmod example list.
>   [someone should probably verify this works like this, and document any
> common problems people have with recompiling and installing the modules
> into memory]

> Oddly and suddenly, the zaptel stuff began not loading properly at boot
> time. I don't know if there have been changes in the zaptel drivers, but
> I went through hours of rmmod, modprobe and lsmod. It would *seem* that
> the order (that worked for me) is this:
>
>  > rmmod wcfxs
>  > rmmod wcfxo
>  > rmmod zaptel

You could just as well do a rmmod -r zaptel and it will remove anything
that depends on zaptel.

>  > modprobe zaptel
>  > modprobe wcfxo
>  > modprobe wcfxs
>  > ztcfg -vvv

Since modprobe will load all dependencies, it isn't necessary to
modprobe zaptel. When you load either of the other 2 modules you will
get zaptel loaded free.

--
Steven Critchfield  <critch@basesys.com>