[Asterisk-doc] a few lines

R Resnick asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:20:17 +0200

Mark Elkins wrote:

> The Grandstream website does not give too much technical help or
> specific "howto's" for Asterisk - so that help probably needs to come
>  from the Asterisk side.

The GS website has nothing at all of value.

<your good ideas snipped here>

> If other users of other phones do the same thing then... It gives a
> new user an idea of what a phone will do -and- maybe the phone
> manufacturers will come more to the party?

I agree. If you think about the path to "Asterisk nirvana", it usually
starts with zero hardware. The very next step will often be a cheap SIP
   phone and maybe an FXO card. These are critical points in the
beginning user's education.

This said, you have added many good ideas that I myself couldn't cover
adequately. I do know that the GS do RFC DTMF though :) There are a few
gotchas with these phones that it would be useful to note IMO.

rr