[Asterisk-doc] a few lines

Randy Resnick asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:40:32 +0200

Nothing earth shaking here but

1) Can someone please add that if the voicemail box is not in the
default context a slight variant on the syntax is required:

Message Waiting Indication

SIP phones that support a message waiting indicator (such as a stuttered
dial tone or a flashing light) can be associated with a voicemail box.
In /etc/asterisk/sip.conf, just add a line like

		mailbox=1234

You can associate more than one mailbox with a SIP phone for a message
waiting indication by separating the voice mail box numbers with commas:

		mailbox=1234,9999

***ADD***: If a mailbox to be checked is not in the default conext in
voicemail.conf you must explicity provide the context as in
		mailbox=1000,2000@smokers,2001@drinkers

where mailbow 1000 is in defaul, 2000 is in a context called smokers and
2001 is in the context called drinkers.

2)  I'm ready to write a quick non-commercial paragraph or two on the
Budgetone phones for use with asterisk if no one else is doing it. I
have a BT101 and 102 and find them adequate for soho and home use,
although analog phones connected to a TDM400 are infinitely superior for
the soho business pbx.

rr