[Asterisk-doc] suggested addition for Hardware Installation

Randy Resnick asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:29:06 +0200

Leif Madsen wrote:
> Either way, I still don't exactly know how to add this one to the book...

Hi Leif,

1. First off, I have no ego investment here so if anything is of use,
canabalize it and use (or don't use it) freely :)

2. Is the current downloadable PDF doc up to date with all the stuff
I've seen fly by here in XML and diff in recent days? If so, I'll
download it and get a better idea of where any of this might fit.

I still put forward the idea of annexes with several installation
examples (mine is 2 X100, 1 TDM400 pretty typical I'd guess since it's
the devel kit.) That would mean a pointer to the annex in the hardware
section. Or, perhaps just one annex page or section for each card.

3. Finally, will there be a cookbook/recipe section? We all have our
little bits of extensions, macros and such that we can share. I think
for people like me (who may be a large potential * audience), examples
are the *best* way to learn. The asterisk-docs efforts of all here would
mean these cute bits would actually be proof-read and corrected or
clarified making them superior to the usual independent examples one
finds on various [excellent] sites.

Just my 0.02 euros (about $0.0187524323551)

rr