[Asterisk-doc] Need Help

Nicholas Bachmann asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:19:24 -0400

Walking Tall wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am new to this mailing list and new to VOIP too. I need your help to
> understand this technology. Actually I know about Linux networking and
> other general concepts about networking, but one thing that I want to
> start with is the cables, card names and numbers thing like I dont
> know what is T1/T2 and where do we use them and why do we use them?
> this kind of info. Please help me out in this regard and tell me the
> best place to start from. Links to tutorials, guides and possible
> emails to my personal email address containing tutorials will be
> appreciated.

Go buy yourself _Newton's Telecom Dictionary_ and Noll's _Introduction
to Telephones and Telephone Systems_.  Then read the Asterisk docs at
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/ and http://www.voip-info.org

Finally, figure out the right mailing list to use :-)... your question
would be more on topic on the asterisk-users list.

Nick