[Asterisk-doc] New heading "Non-Linux Plaforms" - eventually a whole chapter on OSes?

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:40:08 -0400

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:00:45 -0400, jim@digitalchemy.ca
<jim@digitalchemy.ca> wrote:
> I'm thinking that the "Non Linux Platforms" section should not be a sub-heading of
> the "Prerequisite" section. It should move up a rank and have it's own heading.

Hrmmmm... after looking at that section, I have to agree.  I have
changed it and will check into CVS shortly.

> Frankly, we should probably start contemplating an entire operating system chapter.
> I'm betting that six months to a year from now the choice of Linux, *BSD or OS-X
> will be a matter of preference, but no longer due to any one system having better
> support than the others.

I'm not entirely sure this is required.  As Asterisk moves towards
becoming more stable on different operating systems, I see there being
less differences in the installation and configuration of the parts of
Asterisk.  It *should* get more stable and not really require too much
OS specific documentation.

Thanks,
Leif Madsen
http://www.asteriskdocs.org