[Asterisk-doc] New heading "Non-Linux Plaforms" - eventually a whole chapter on OSes?

asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:00:45 -0400

I'm thinking that the "Non Linux Platforms" section should not be a sub-heading of
the "Prerequisite" section. It should move up a rank and have it's own heading.

Frankly, we should probably start contemplating an entire operating system chapter.
I'm betting that six months to a year from now the choice of Linux, *BSD or OS-X
will be a matter of preference, but no longer due to any one system having better
support than the others.

If we anticipate that now, it'll put us in the right mindset to integrate into the
document any new OS which becomes supported (isn't Solaris going open source?).

--
Jim Van Meggelen
DigitAlchemy