[Asterisk-doc] Updating my time situation, please read!

Greg Varga asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:08:31 -0800

Hey Jared,

Just wondering if you have anything done for the Extentions.conf
chapter.   Below you said you were going to condense it, but I haven't
heard anything more.

Just checking up on the status of a few things.  The list and project
has gone quite and we need to kick start it again. :)

--Greg

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:26:56 -0700, Jared Smith wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 12:37, Steven Critchfield wrote:
>>
>> hmm, I thought I had started simple and built on the previous example as
>> I went.
>
>Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the writing you've done.  I'm
>just trying to make it *PAINFULLY* simple in order to help out the
>absolutely clueless newbie.  For someone with previous programming
>experience, you're examples work well.  But I don't think they're simple
>enough for the majority of the people trying out Asterisk these days.
>
>Hopefully the attached file will be clearer on what I'm trying to
>accomplish... It's by no means done, but it's as far as I got last night
>before I fell asleep.  It's mostly just a fleshed-out outline with some
>examples, because I was too lazy to actually write out paragraphs.  I
>copied and pasted the text right out of your file when there was a good
>fit.
>
>Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone (especially not Steven) by
>changing what's already been written... I'm just trying to make this
>particular chapter as newbie-friendly as possible.  After all, this
>chapter is *the vital* chapter of the whole book.  If readers get lost
>in this chapter, they'll probably never use Asterisk or read any further
>chapters in the book.
>
>(Not only that, but maybe this will help reduce the signal to noise
>ratio on the -users list, so that I can actually enjoy reading it
>again.)
>
>Jared

Greg Varga
Author for RocketryNews