[Asterisk-doc] extensions.conf section

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:35:39 -0600

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 10:13, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 01:37, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > Anyways, all changes I had agreed with in the last exchange have been
> > modified. If someone else has suggestions, I really would like to hear
> > them before I sit down next for more filling in. I know some have been
> > away through the weekend and therefore I don't mind waiting a bit.
> >

> I re-read your stuff last night, and couldn't figure out which outline
> you're using for that section.  (I kinda figured you must have your own
> outline, either in your head or on paper somewhere.)  So I mapped an
> outline of what you've written so far, and tried to merge your outline
> with Nick Bachmann's from last week on the mailing list.

Oddly enough, it was really from your outline from 12-29. I mentioned to
you on IRC that when writing it, it was found necessary to deviate a
bit. Like in the outline it has variables after macros. Since macros
have a prerequisite knowledge of variables, that was flip-flopped. I
added extensions on their own as they needed to be explained for
rudimentary knowledge. I skipped the getting started section as I still
don't fully agree with it, and therefore would not consider myself well
suited to write about at that point.

That should make it more clear that I tried to follow your outline.

> Unfortunately, it's on my laptop and I left the laptop down in my
> truck.  I'll try to remember to bring it up to the office today and post
> what I've done so far to the list.
>
> Thanks again Steven for taking the initiative to start writing...  To
> everyone else lurking in here, let's get busy and help Steven get this
> chapter hammered out!

Thank you. I have enjoyed writing that so far.
--
Steven Critchfield  <critch@basesys.com>