[Asterisk-doc] How many users can Asterisk support

asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 00:28:32 -0700

Hi List,

We provide broadband access at the moment. We are looking at adding VoIP service to our customer base. We look at Asterisk as a very affordable platform to deliver VoIP service, however, we have one concern. How many VoIP subscribers can one Asterisk server support? I cannot find any information on system capacity or performance data for Asterisk. If we out grow the capacity of one server how can we scale up? Can we run multiple Asterisk servers? How do you distribute the subscriber database over multiple servers?

Appreciate any help.

Oliver Shaw