[Asterisk-doc] bug report? Something that need to be fixed.

Steven Critchfield asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:23:04 -0600

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 17:40, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 16:28, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > As a bit more of a contribution, I have been working through the current
> > CVS with aspell and trying to correct spelling. Notice I am using a
> > tool, my spelling sucks worse than what I am checking. I just feel that
> > it is important for a manual to not have misspellings as it will be the
> > first thing that makes a user have doubts about the quality of the
> > manual.
> >
> > Anyways here is a diff of spelling changes I see need to be fixed.
> >

> Thank you very much!  I've applied your patch to the CVS.  I'd be
> interested in knowing more about using aspell and custom dictionaries...
> if you could post a quick tutorial I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

aspell is pretty easy. The man page is pretty simple. The 2 basic
options to make this easy would be to use a person word list with -p,
and -c which hands aspell the file to check. Ideally the word list could
be in CVS so that it could be inspected from time to time for those of
us who don't spell so well and may have added a term that needs
correction. This also allows at some point for the spell check to happen
without any interaction unless there is real misspelling.

If need be, I could submit a start to the word list for the beginning.
--
Steven Critchfield <critch@basesys.com>