[Asterisk-doc] "The Extensions.conf Cookbook" chapter

Olle E. Johansson asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:06:32 +0100

Jared Smith wrote:
> I've added a couple of comments below:
>
> On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 15:19, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>>To rip apart, if the subject is introduction to the dial plan (mainly extensions conf)
>>Haven't thought of it all, just shooting from the hip
>>
>>BASIC
>>* Concepts: Channels, extensions, users, applications, contexts
>>* A general overview (how <channel>.conf  files and extensions.conf work together
>>* Handling calls
>>INTERMEDIATE
>>* Adding logic (macros)
>>* Using contexts
>

> Why is "using contexts" in Intermediate?  I absolutely believe that
> contexts is *THE* most important thing to understanding
> extensions.conf...
And I agree.

>>* AGI
>
> AGI gets it's own chapter...
Ok. Just mention it here, as a way of extending the functionality and refer
to that chapter.

> To be honest, I've purposely avoided looking at the old handbook so that
> I don't get accused of plagarism.  All I remember about the old handbook
> is that the first one made a lot more sense than the 2nd (draft) one.
Ok. Do we have problems with the Digium copyright? Will Mark let us steal
from that handbook or do we have to do a fresh start?

/O