[Asterisk-doc] "The Extensions.conf Cookbook" chapter

Greg Varga asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:58:57 -0800

Ok... Took me a bit, but how about something along the line of what is
below?  I basically took everyones ideas and compilied it into one...

Components of the Asterisk System
  The Asterisk Directory Structure
  Editing .conf files
  Getting started with a DevKit Lite ((one FXS, one FXO - Maybe a diff
title?))
     Zaptel and zaptel.conf ((GS/LS/KS signalling... zttool... etc.))
     Zapata.conf ((just the basics... an introduction to contexts))
     Extensions.conf ((just enough to be dangerous))
  Getting started with VoIP ((just the basics))
     SIP - sip.conf
     IAX - iax.conf
  The Extensions.conf File
     Contexts ((why to separate))
     Includes ((how to reduce typing))
     Macro's ((how to write them - Include with above?))
     Variables ((extra data))
     Call flow ((putting it together))
     Special extensions (I,T,S)
     More advanced applications calls ((Asterisk allows for a lot of
diffrent formats for calling apps))
  The VoIP side of Asterisk
     Configurating SIP
     Configurating IAX
     Configurating H323/OH323
     ... etc
  The PBX Side of Asterisk
     Zaptel cards and config
     Configurating Zapata
     CAPI/ISDN
     ... etc
  Asterisk Add-On Applications
     Playback()
     Record()
     GotoIf()
     Cut()
     Authenticate()
     VoiceMail2
     ZapBarge()
     ... etc
  Advanced Concepts
     Building IVR
     Bringing in the DB
     DISA
     Any number of neat tricks to go along with the cookbook.
     Music On Hold: The moh.conf File
     Voicemail: The voicemail.conf File
     MeetMe: The meetme.conf File
  Sample Configurations (Working Sample Configurations)

Comments?
--Greg