[Asterisk-doc] Suggestion: Weekly asterisk-doc conference - please read

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
22 Dec 2003 14:05:16 -0500

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 13:58, William Suffill wrote:
> probably best to have written notes for those unable to attend and for
> later reference. Depending how it is organized it could be a long
> recording with very little getting done besides people arguing back and
> forth =) I guess a recorded copy would be best for later review but I
> don't know how many people will want to actually sit thru and listen to
> it all again. Notes seem fine to me but the job of making them from the
> conference would be quite a chore and should probably be spread around
> those that contribute to the project so it's not a royal pain in the ass
> for 1 person every conference to be responsible for making answer of it
> after the fact.

Since we want to have it recorded.. perhaps we should do it in an IRC
channel where the text can be logged automatically, then posted to the
website instantly... ?

A voice conference might be nice, but if we want to keep notes and a
transcript of the conference, a voice conference might be a little much
to take on.  The time spent on transcribing the voice conference could
be better utilized in creating documentation :)

Also, if it's in an IRC channel, no one has to worry about what kind of
bandwidth they have, so everyone can participate.

I'm thinking the asterisk-doc room would be good for this, and during
conferences, we'll just make the room moderated and give people voice
who are going to participate in the discussion.

What do you guys think?
--
Leif Madsen <leif@hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com