[Asterisk-doc] Major file layout changes, new version in CVS

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:50:11 -0700

Ah... nothing I like more than the smell of progress.  I've split the
book into seperate files for each chapter, appendix, etc. to make it
easier to manage.  If you look at what's in CVS, you'll see that
hgta.xml is the main file, and it includes all the other files.

Also, after talking with Alexander Kandelaki (Stealth_Man) on IRC, I
split out the VoIP Service Providers into their own chapter and added
Alexander's outline for that chapter.  He's agreed to manage that
chapter and make sure it gets finished.  It's great to have another
doc-writer onboard!

Also, Greg added a section to his website that should have the latest
(and a stable) copy of both the XML and the PDF versions of the book, so
that people can get an up-to-date copy when SourceForge's anonymous CVS
server is slow.  (Which happens to be most of the time, lately.)  The
splitting of the book into different files probably broke his cron job,
but I'm sure he'll have it fixed soon.  You can find his web page at
http://asterisk.sohoskyway.net/Asterisk_Doc/

Well, I gotta get some sleep.  Hopefully I'll have more progress to
report tomorrow.

Jared Smith