[asterisk-dev] Mailing List Future

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Jan 2 04:55:20 CST 2024

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 6:41 AM Paul Kudla <paul at scom.ca> wrote:

> Good morning
>
> Note I am unable to confirm my new email on the group because the email
> is using a blocked server ??
>
> mail19       01-02 05:35:51 {postfix.in}     [63603] (1871410360) Jan 02
> 05:35:51 mail19 postfix/smtpd[63603]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
>
> web01.groups.io[66.175.222.12]: 454 4.7.1 Service unavailable; Client
> host [66.175.222.12] blocked using
>
> bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see
> https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.175.222.12;
>
> from=<confirmbounce+8107350+4201506166695547482 at groups.io>
> to=<paul at scom.ca> proto=ESMTP
>
> helo=<mail01.groups.io>
>
> I did get the signup and also set my password but am unable to proceed.
>
> SPAMCOP.NET is super flexible (ie will track and update bad ip's on the
> fly within 24 hours, so to land on this list means a server has been
> very very bad.
>
> let me know if i can help further.

I don't think either of us can really help. Looking at groups.io posts this
appears to happen sometimes, be it as a remaining result of a Yahoo
migration that occurred in the past or from group admins adding email
addresses for SpamCop spam traps in some capacity.

InterLinked: You previously stated that most lists you've been on migrated
to groups.io, has this been a problem for them and if so how did they
approach it (if at all)?

--
Joshua C. Colp
Director of Engineering | Asterisk Project Lead