[asterisk-dev] Permalinks including latest RC releases

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Mon Oct 9 07:52:36 CDT 2023

On 10/9/2023 5:11 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 6:31 PM <asterisk at phreaknet.org
> <mailto:asterisk at phreaknet.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/27/2023 5:26 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
>     > I would have to look deeper again but my kneejerk was this
>     sounds like
>     > "nightly" to me. Just chiming in quickly
>
>     Yeah, it has the right connotation, though it might imply that these
>     builds are put out more frequently than they really are... "monthly"
>     would be more accurate at that.
>

> I would prefer "testing" as the name. Generally we don't refer to
> things as "stable" or "unstable", and involving dates in any way such
> as "monthly" is inviting people to ask "why hasn't this been updated?
> it's been a month". The release process is in Github and the repo, so
> a PR can be made to add such a thing by anyone. Once done we could
> update the website. I would not advise changing things such as sending
> it to Github for download, the bandwidth from the downloads server
> isn't a problem.

Sounds good, I thought this might have involved more on the backend. I
submitted a PR to the CI repo in the only place I found any reference to
the -current suffix, so hopefully that does the trick.
When you say "update the website", are you referring to the downloads
server or the documentation (which is now also in Git)?