[asterisk-dev] Permalinks including latest RC releases

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Oct 9 04:11:02 CDT 2023

On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 6:31 PM <asterisk at phreaknet.org> wrote:

> On 9/27/2023 5:26 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> > I would have to look deeper again but my kneejerk was this sounds like
> > "nightly" to me. Just chiming in quickly
>
> Yeah, it has the right connotation, though it might imply that these
> builds are put out more frequently than they really are... "monthly"
> would be more accurate at that.

I would prefer "testing" as the name. Generally we don't refer to things as
"stable" or "unstable", and involving dates in any way such as "monthly" is
inviting people to ask "why hasn't this been updated? it's been a month".
The release process is in Github and the repo, so a PR can be made to add
such a thing by anyone. Once done we could update the website. I would not
advise changing things such as sending it to Github for download, the
bandwidth from the downloads server isn't a problem.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead