[asterisk-dev] IMPORTANT: GitHub Cherry-Pick Policy Change

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon May 1 06:56:43 CDT 2023

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:47 AM Sebastian Gutierrez <scgm11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> George,
>
> Maybe using GitHub discussions is a better way to have this information
> and allows everybody to see and comment in a better way than mailing lists.

We're split across the mailing lists and IRC currently, adding GitHub
discussions into the mix seems like adding a third option to things and
spreading this out even further. It's certainly possible that is where
developer stuff will go in the future, but whilst we try to stabilize our
GitHub usage I'm hesitant to throw more change into the mix. Does anyone
else have any thoughts?

>From a user perspective that already lives primarily on the forum already,
and that's not going to change.

--