[asterisk-dev] New Asterisk Documentation website is available for preview

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Jun 20 18:05:52 CDT 2023

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 3:51 PM <asterisk at phreaknet.org> wrote:

> On 6/20/2023 10:32 AM, George Joseph wrote:
> > The one exception is the auto-generated documentation for
> > AMI/ARI/Dialplan.  That I'm starting to work on now.
> Thanks, George - I see from the README that one can run this on a local
> webserver. Will the auto-generated documentation aspect tie in with this
> as well? I wrote my own xmldoc to HTML generator a while back so I can
> view documentation for out of tree modules. If this can do that out of
> the box, then that would certainly be nice functionality to take
> advantage of. Will it just be sourcing from a core xml file, that we can
> point elsewhere if we want, or is that going to remain more upstream
> specific like it was with Confluence?

I don't know how George plans to approach it fully, but ultimately the
reference documentation will also end up as markdown and consumed with
mkdocs. I do not expect those markdown files to be checked into the tree
but generated as part of the deploy process. Any tooling to consume the XML
and produce the markdown files will be available, so if someone wanted it
locally they could.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead