[asterisk-dev] MIXMONITOR - periodic beep is not present in RECORDING

Jonathan Rose jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com
Wed Jan 12 11:36:01 CST 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:41 AM bala murugan <fightwithme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    I am trying to use the MIXMONITOR Option B( interval ) - Play a
> periodic beep while this call is being recorded .
>
>    I can see the Beep tone is played , but the same Beep is not present in
> the RECORDING .
>
>    Any ideas ? Any Suggestions?
>
>    Is this a known issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Bala

The reason these don't get recorded is because they are both on
audiobooks and the audiohook processing order is dictated by the type of
hook. MixMonitor itself is a SPY hook. These hooks get processed first. The
beeps are created by a MANIPULATE hook. These hooks get processed last.
Since MixMonitor is processed first, it's going to record the audio before
any manipulation is done. This means you won't capture the effects of any
audiohook manipulation.

You can reverse the order of processing by patching audiohook.c. See the
audiohook.c:audio_audiohook_write_list() -- you can change the processing
order fairly trivially just by moving the AST_LIST_TRAVERSE_SAFE_BEGIN/END
blocks concerning the spy_list, whisper_list, and manipulate_list. I've got
to warn you though, there may be some unexpected consequences from moving
these around.

If what you want is a solution that doesn't involve modifying the source
though, you are probably going to have to do something annoying like have a
channel in your bridge to create the beeps that you add and remove based on
whether or not MixMonitor is running. Real messy stuff.

--

*Jonathan R. Rose*Senior Systems Engineer
Emergency Call Handling

email: jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com

--

*For more information on how and why we collect your personal
information, please visit our Privacy Policy