[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 18.16.0-rc1 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Wed Dec 21 02:17:14 CST 2022

On 21.12.22 at 08:21 Fridrich Maximilian wrote:
>> Security-Client: sdes-srtp;mediasec
>>                          ^^^^^^^^^
>> The ",mediasec" is missing.
>
> Yes, the security_mechanisms option is a comma separated list of the
> literal security_mechanisms that should be used. I.e. you have to
> specify security_mechanisms=sdes-srtp\;mediasec,dtls-srtp\;mediasec
> (don't forget to escape the semicolon).

I got it working now with (order has been important if I remember correctly)

security_mechanisms=msrp-tls\;mediasec,sdes-srtp\;mediasec,dtls-srtp\;mediasec

I think this should be part of the documentation.

But:
The Invite has to many headers - those are not needed (or is it Telekom specific?):

Security-Client: msrp-tls;mediasec
Security-Client: sdes-srtp;mediasec
Security-Client: dtls-srtp;mediasec

Maybe remove them?

>> always the first entry of the list configured above is dropped in
>> the following register request. Is this fixed by your mentioned patch
>> below?
>
> I could not reproduce this behavior. I just tested it with the current
> patch and no list entries were dropped.

Yes - the current version including your additional patch doesn't show this
behavior any more.

>> I think the different headers are not addressed?
>
> Do you mean the missing ";mediasec" values? That is due to the
> configuration, as stated above. Besides that, I'm quite confident it
> behaves as intended, we have been running test systems for quite a
> while now.
>
> I hope we can resolve your issues, it would certainly be desirable if
> this patch worked for more than just very specific Telekom servers.

Yes - that would be very good! Please think about documentation using some
practical examples to get a working connection!

I tested inbound and outbound calls. I did not test options and reInvite. Did you
test reInvites?

Thanks
Michael