[asterisk-dev] Question regarding native bridge's framehook

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Wed Oct 6 04:54:27 CDT 2021

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of a framehook in bridge_native_rtp.

The framehook is used to redirect RTP streams when a hold, unhold or RTP
update is detected.

But what's the reason for doing this in a framehook ? Why not doing it
in the native_rtp_bridge_write callback ? Doing this in the framehook is
somehow more "complex" since it implies restoring a proper lock order.

I'm asking, because I've got a similar problem to solve in a custom module.

Regards,

Jean