[asterisk-dev] Security Patches for third-party/patches: How to force a fresh build?

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Thu Mar 18 11:09:35 CDT 2021

Some folks might not
  download the whole Asterisk, apply their patches, and build Asterisk
but
  download just the last diff/patch, apply that, and re-build Asterisk.

Those diffs/patches are available via
  <https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/>
which is terrible handy when you have many custom patches.

Now comes my concern. The last security fix included a patch for the bundled PJ-Project (ASTERISK-29196). With that applied, the PJ-Project does not re-build automatically. One has to
  touch third-party/pjproject/patches/config_site.h
for example, to trigger a fresh build of the PJ-Project.

I am not sure everyone knows that. Those users have the latest version of Asterisk but not of the PJ-Project. That is a headache for support. In this case, they even face a security concern. I am thinking about changing one file permission twice within the patch file. Any other idea?