[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Module Deprecation

Dan Jenkins dan at nimblea.pe
Thu Mar 11 11:45:32 CST 2021

Hi Josh,

Thanks for this! I have a question regarding this line in your email.

These changes allow the information regarding when a module was deprecated
and when it will be removed to be communicated to users in earlier branches.

Does this mean that app_foo being marked as deprecated in master (19 isnt
cut yet) will appear in earlier versions of Asterisk too? ie a new security
release of 16 gets released and the newly deprecated in master app_foo
will get applied as a warning to 16? I didnt see that explained in the wiki
article but I think thats how we talked about it working a while back

Thanks!

Dan