[asterisk-dev] Jira / Gerrit Integration Issue

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Thu Jun 10 11:37:15 CDT 2021

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM BJ Weschke <bweschke at btwtech.com> wrote:

> I’d be willing to take a look at it for you George.

A Volunteer!!!  THANKS!  I didn't think anyone would respond so soon. :)

Basically, the plugin uses the
com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.gerrit-events package to communicate
with Gerrit.  That in turn uses the com.jcraft.jsch library both through
gerrit-events and directly.   The gerrit-events package has since been
split out of the old hudson/jenkins  space
into com.sonymobile.tools.gerrit.gerrit-events and that's actively
maintained and is what Jenkins currently uses.  I _think_, _possibly_, that
moving the jira-gerrit-plugin from the old gerrit-events to the new
gerrit-events might just fix the issue but I can't be sure.    The plugin
also has the capability to update Gerrit but we don't use that bit.  It may
then be easier to just change the plugin to use the Gerrit REST interface
for the query stuff.  The plugin already has configuration settings for
gerrit url, username and password so why it doesn't use the REST interface
already I'm not sure.   Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think.

https://github.com/MeetMe/jira-gerrit-plugin