[asterisk-dev] Additional Policies and Feedback (New Features and Improvements, C API Deprecation, Bug Fixes)

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Dec 6 06:02:00 CST 2021

Greetings all,

During AstriDevCon I brought up some additional policies that I had started
working on to more formalize into writing some project level things. These
include policies covering new features and improvements, C API deprecation,
and bug fixes.

A lot of these are things that have been unwritten or word of mouth. Having
them in written form means they don't change in our minds and is also a
resource to point people to.

They can be viewed at:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/New+Features+and+Improvements
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/C+API+Deprecation
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Bug+Fixes

Any feedback on them would be great! I've already had some from individuals
and have adjusted things accordingly.

Cheers,

--
Joshua C. Colp