[asterisk-dev] pjsip / asterisk 16: Question regarding 100rel / PRACK

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Oct 13 06:01:28 CDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:49 AM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:

<snip>

> My question (because always if a call was dropped, PRACK has been in use):
> Is it a good idea to use a subsequent CSeq for the PRACK on Asterisk side,
> which is reused later on by the provider for the update (in this example)?
> Probably it shouldn't harm - but
> could this for some devices be nevertheless a problem? For now, I disabled
> 100rel support on Asterisk trunk side (it was on by default). Let's wait
> and see what happens ... .

Purely from a sequence number perspective there is a local sequence number
and remote sequence number, they are independent and could conceivably
match up at times but that by itself should not cause an issue within the
specification itself. I can't speak towards any issues or assumptions
within the SIP implementation of the remote side though.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead