[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Dan Jenkins dan at nimblea.pe
Fri Oct 2 05:18:01 CDT 2020

Ultimately whats stopping package maintainers from releasing
"asterisk-full" which still has all the deprecated modules enabled.... and
"asterisk" which follows the defaults? Nothing.... Other packages get
released in such a way so why not asterisk? I'm 100% not qualified to talk
about it because I don't use them or make them. I just think 4 years of
something hanging around after its been decided to be deprecated is foolish
- deprecation = "this isnt needed any more", as was stated earlier - its
not a case of pjsip coming to town and chan_sip getting thrown out
immediately.... the decision to deprecate it took years (and years, and
years, and years) - no need to wait a further 4 years.