[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 2 02:46:50 CDT 2020

Hi!
I like adding product management and actually removing stuff that the company can’t keep maintaining - and don’t wan’t to.

Compared with years ago a lot of users never bother building asterisk any more and don’t interface with the project,
they just run “apt-get install asterisk” and they are done. We are much more in the hands of package managers and really,
really need to interface with them to get information out. Asterisk is a plumbing tool, much like nginx or apache. I don’t
follow those projects, haven’t built apache httpd from source for over ten years and get my information from packaging.

I think this has to be considered as well.

Thanks Josh for pushing this process.

/O