[asterisk-dev] NCS and Digitmap support

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Nov 3 14:13:05 CST 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 3:57 PM Ricardo Technicolor <
ricardo.flores.technicolor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new Asterisk user and currently I use Asterisk to support NCS (is
> basically MGCP) MTAs.But I'm also looking to configure digitmaps. Right now
> the MGCP channel module does not support that feature.
>
> Looking into the jira reports, there are 2 jiras that I found that talks
> about these topics.
> ASTERISK-12278 - gives support for NCS 1.0 for DOCSIS networks
> ASTERISK-15070 - adds digitmaps feature.
>
> ASTERISK-12278 has the same patch for ASTERISK-15070 among others.And
> ASTERISK-12278 is in status Closed. If I understand this means that these
> changes were made in Asterisk. But looking into the source code of
> chan_mgcp the digitmap feature is not implemented. Isn't it supposed to be
> implemented already if ASTERISK-12278 is already closed (and support to NCS
> 1.0 is implemented)? Can someone explain why not all the patches that are
> in ASTERISK-12278 were applied?

The patch that was merged was "ncs-pktccops-12950-r206803.patch" according
to the commit message in the comment. If that patch did not include such
support then it would not be present. As to why not - the issue itself is
from 11 years ago, so unless a comment elaborates why then it would be up
to memory, which being so long ago I don't think anyone will recall.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead