[asterisk-dev] NCS and Digitmap support

Ricardo Technicolor ricardo.flores.technicolor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:57:09 CST 2020

Hi,

I'm a new Asterisk user and currently I use Asterisk to support NCS (is
basically MGCP) MTAs.But I'm also looking to configure digitmaps. Right now
the MGCP channel module does not support that feature.

Looking into the jira reports, there are 2 jiras that I found that talks
about these topics.
ASTERISK-12278 - gives support for NCS 1.0 for DOCSIS networks
ASTERISK-15070 - adds digitmaps feature.

ASTERISK-12278 has the same patch for ASTERISK-15070 among others.And
ASTERISK-12278 is in status Closed. If I understand this means that these
changes were made in Asterisk. But looking into the source code of
chan_mgcp the digitmap feature is not implemented. Isn't it supposed to be
implemented already if ASTERISK-12278 is already closed (and support to NCS
1.0 is implemented)? Can someone explain why not all the patches that are
in ASTERISK-12278 were applied?

Regards,
Ricardo