[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 18 Feature Freeze Two Month Notice

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed May 20 13:53:25 CDT 2020

Hey Everybody,

Just a friendly reminder that today is the official two month
notification [1] prior to feature freeze on Wednesday July 15th, 2020.
For those who are not aware, we try to "feature freeze" the master
branch in order to test and stabilize the code base prior to release
of a new major version of Asterisk - this year it's, Asterisk 18.

For more information about this process, the schedule surrounding it,
and how it plays into our more liberal inclusion policy for released
branches, see [2].

Thank you for all that you do to contribute and help the project move forward.

Best wishes!

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Software+Configuration+Management+Policies#SoftwareConfigurationManagementPolicies-NewFeatures

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Director of Open Source Software Development