[asterisk-dev] Proposal for New Major Version Process Change

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Jul 8 11:04:26 CDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 12:57 PM Corey Farrell <git at cfware.com> wrote:

> With the current process new features can be added with tests can target
> 18 as soon as the branch is cut but would not go into 18.0.  What would
> happen with new features in this scheme, would they just get held open in
> gerrit until 18.0 is branched or be accepted as normal since 18.0.0 release
> process is not yet started?  I agree a month is plenty of time for the
> release candidate cycle but think it would be good to decide how new
> features will be dealt with before 18 is branched.
The policies of a normal release branch would apply to the 18 branch once
cut. That means you would not be able to just throw new features in on a
whim, but they would be held to the same requirements/restrictions we place
on the other branches (13, 16, and 17) and would be merged in before 18.0.0
is cut if they fall within that. They would also, like normal, go into the
other release branches as appropriate (and I expect that would be the case).

Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead
Sangoma Technologies
Check us out at www.sangoma.com and www.asterisk.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/attachments/20200708/7762f0f4/attachment.html>

More information about the asterisk-dev mailing list