[asterisk-dev] We've run out of bits for the options in asterisk.conf

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Thu Jan 30 12:50:46 CST 2020

It had to happen eventually...

The "flags" member of the "ast_flags" structure is an unsigned int and we
currently have 32 options.   The ast_flags structure is used in many places
throughout Asterisk so we don't want to change its definition but we do
already have an ast_flags64 structure defined. Our plan therefore, is to
change ast_options to be an ast_flags64 structure.   If you test asterisk
flags in your code and your code isn't recompiled against the new version
of asterisk you _may_ have issues.   I'm starting to test various scenarios
to see what the impact would be but any feedback you may have would be
appreciated.

--
George Joseph
Asterisk Software Developer