[asterisk-dev] pjsip - retry handling - faulty warning message?

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Sat Dec 19 14:10:33 CST 2020

On 19.12.20 at 07:45 Michael Maier wrote:
> Maybe there is a problem with registering 3 numbers to the same
> destination, which are handled by asterisk through the exactly same
> connection (tls/tcp)?

After evaluation lots of faulty retries, I could see, that this problem
only could be seen as long as there are all 3 numbers (re)-registered at
the same time (maybe chance).

I could even find an example, where suddenly all numbers are registered
at the same time though they have been reregistered before serially (the
third number was 1:20 minutes before the other two numbers).
But suddenly, the third number was reregistered at the same time as the
other 2 numbers. Exactly at this moment, the faulty retries are
beginning. I think, there could be a problem to distinguish registration
more than two numbers to the same destination.

At the moment now, they are registering at different times (ok, 2 at the
same time, but the 3. number is registered 3 seconds later). I couldn't
see any problem right now. I'll wait and see if this assumption can be
verified.

Thanks
Michael