[asterisk-dev] Memory leak since Asterisk 16.5.x / pjsip

Andreas Wehrmann a.wehrmann at yandex.com
Mon Sep 16 02:08:47 CDT 2019

>> BTW: I'm not really happy with the fact, that an existing LTS / stable
>> version gets a new pjsip version "on the fly". From my point of view,
>> this should have been done
>> during a normal development cycle and not during a stable phase.
> Since support for bundled PJSIP we've actively tried to keep up to date, so that we don't end up managing a fork and backporting a lot of patches. This has worked well for us and we haven't seen any problems - in fact we've gained some stability at times. If this is a problem in PJSIP this would be the first time we've encountered a regression. If people feel that we should instead lock versions then this is certainly something we can discuss. What do others think?

Hi,

I think staying up to date with the latest version is better than
locking in on some version mainly for the reason of manageability and risk.
Upgrading from an 'older' release (skipping a few releases) involves a
greater risk than updating to the next minor immediately
because less changes need to be checked and integrated. The risk of
breaking something "not obvious" is simply smaller.

Best regards,
Andreas