[asterisk-dev] Encountering a crash when answering calls since upgrading from 16.3.0 to newer versions

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 05:25:59 CDT 2019

In article <752a8134df5047daaf037aa16e3cc371 at AM-Mail2012B.amtelco.com>,
Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:
> When I enable both DONT_OPTIMIZE and BETTER_BACKTRACES, compile, and install this on the VM where Asterisk has been
> crashing, it no longer crashes.
>
> I have tried compiling and installing twice (both enabled and both disabled) confirming it is not crashing with both enabled.
>
> Would it be acceptable to enable BETTER_BACKTRACES but disable DONT_OPTIMIZE?

Are you building with BUILD_NATIVE enabled? And are the build host and the VM on
different CPU architectures?

I believe if you are building for binary portability you need to disable BUILD_NATIVE.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield