[asterisk-dev] Resource Leak app_dial

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Nov 25 08:58:35 CST 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 9:24 AM Jöran Vinzens <vinzens at sipgate.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are running asterisk17 and we have figured out the stasis topics for
> resource bridge seems never been deleted.
> With "stasis show topics" we can see all active topics within the stasis
> bus. When restarting the Asterisk there is no bridge resource until the
> first call hits the system. We use only dialplan and some fastagi and no
> ARI at all at this systems so we are pretty sure we haven't messed up ARI.
> It seems the bridge topics are just created and never deleted. We haven't
> found anything in app_dial what would delete this resource after the call.
> (We are no C experts, we might be wrong here).
> After some days we have about 150 Channel topics, i guess for each channel
> of the system and 48000 bridge topics.
>
> Is this a known behaviour? Does it have a negative effect on performance
> (we haven't seen one so far)? Are we doing something wrong (using just
> App_Dial to create resources)?

There are no known filed bugs for this, and provided the bridges goes away
then the topic should also go away. It's the responsibility of the bridging
core to manage its lifetime.

any hint would be much appreciated. We will open an issue if needed

This should go into an issue.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Senior Software Developer