[asterisk-dev] Manipulating Connected Line with ARI

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed May 22 14:37:28 CDT 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019, at 10:53 AM, Jean Aunis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there was some work ongoing concerning the
> manipulation of Connected Line and Redirecting information in Stasis
> applications.
>
> At the moment, it is possible to alter this information with the
> appropriate dialplan functions, and the events can also be intercepted
> with dialplan subroutines. But as far as I know, there is no direct way
> to do this in with a Stasis application.

I'm not aware of anyone working on this area and I think this is the first time it's actually been brought up. From a query/setting perspective while providing an API would clean it up a bit, I don't think it would add any additional value so I don't think anyone would really pursue it.

> Currently, the only way to do this is to use the dialplan interception
> routines, which call a Stasis application which then calls the
> CONNECTEDLINE or REDIRECTING functions via ARI. Although feasible, this
> is a quite complicated mechanism. I think doing the same thing purely
> with ARI, without the burden of writing dialplan, would be interesting.
>
> Any thoughts on that ?

The interception points are complicated because they are supposed to execute quickly as they hold up processing. Defining a specific interface within ARI for doing so gets complicated due to its asynchronous nature. There's a lot of room for bad things to happen, so off-nominals would need to be covered.

If you could define how it might work/look others may be able to chime in.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer