[asterisk-dev] Problem with DAHDI 3.0.0

Malcolm Davenport malcolmd at sangoma.com
Mon Feb 4 11:05:16 CST 2019

Howdy,

Support for the TDM410, among others, was removed from the DAHDI 3.x driver
packages.  Those cards went end of sale on February 1 of 2014, and Digium
(Sangoma) do not test them as a part of any releases.  The README (iirc) in
the package should list the cards still supported in the 3.x releases.

Cheers

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 11:02 AM Daniel McFarlane <daniel at szeto.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope someone can help me as I've been struggling with this for almost
> 2 days now and am unable to find anything that works in my web searches.
>
> I am trying to upgrade my test system from Asterisk 11 to Asterisk
> 16.1.1, along with dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0 and libpri-1.6.0
> (with the intentions of then upgrading an active system once I have ran
> tests to make sure everything works).
>
> I am currently stuck at the DAHDI level.  Here are the details:
>
> 1) I am having trouble with the loading of the drivers for my TDM410
> card.   I have checked and the required wcte13xp drivers are included
> and installed from the new dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0 package.
> They even show up as being loaded when I run lsmod|grep dahdi.
>
> 2) The card is detected on the system and was working fine (+ works fine
> if I re-install the older dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.0.1 drivers I had
> working before).  When it does work lspci correct displays: "Kernel
> driver in use: wcte13xp".  Unfortunately no kernel module shows up when
> DAHDI 3.0.0 is installed.
>
> 3) From what I can tell, as a result of the driver not getting loaded to
> the run this card, I get the following error when I try to start up
> DAHDI (the same configurations work perfectly and DAHDI starts up
> if/when the DAHDI 2.10.0.1 drivers are installed):
>
> Selected signaling not supported
> Possible causes:
>      FXS signaling is being used on a FXS interface (use a FXO signaling
> variant)
>      RBS signaling is being used on a E1 CCS span
>      Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span
>
> I have tried re-installing, manually removing the old version even and
> consistently get a problem with the DAHDI drivers not loading for my
> analog card (if I comment out the FXS/FX0 ports then DAHDI comes up fine
> with my PRI).
>
> How do I correct this issue?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Daniel
>

> --

Malcolm Davenport
Digium - a Sangoma company | Senior Product Manager
Tel/Fax: +1 256 428 6252
malcolmd at sangoma.com