[asterisk-dev] Problem with DAHDI 3.0.0

Daniel McFarlane daniel at szeto.ca
Mon Feb 4 11:01:51 CST 2019

Hello,

I hope someone can help me as I've been struggling with this for almost
2 days now and am unable to find anything that works in my web searches.

I am trying to upgrade my test system from Asterisk 11 to Asterisk
16.1.1, along with dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0 and libpri-1.6.0
(with the intentions of then upgrading an active system once I have ran
tests to make sure everything works).

I am currently stuck at the DAHDI level.  Here are the details:

1) I am having trouble with the loading of the drivers for my TDM410
card.   I have checked and the required wcte13xp drivers are included
and installed from the new dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0 package.
They even show up as being loaded when I run lsmod|grep dahdi.

2) The card is detected on the system and was working fine (+ works fine
if I re-install the older dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.0.1 drivers I had
working before).  When it does work lspci correct displays: "Kernel
driver in use: wcte13xp".  Unfortunately no kernel module shows up when
DAHDI 3.0.0 is installed.

3) From what I can tell, as a result of the driver not getting loaded to
the run this card, I get the following error when I try to start up
DAHDI (the same configurations work perfectly and DAHDI starts up
if/when the DAHDI 2.10.0.1 drivers are installed):

Selected signaling not supported
Possible causes:
     FXS signaling is being used on a FXS interface (use a FXO signaling
variant)
     RBS signaling is being used on a E1 CCS span
     Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span

I have tried re-installing, manually removing the old version even and
consistently get a problem with the DAHDI drivers not loading for my
analog card (if I comment out the FXS/FX0 ports then DAHDI comes up fine
with my PRI).

How do I correct this issue?

Thank You,

Daniel