[asterisk-dev] asterisk 16.x / pjsip: troubleshooting sips

IanG ian.gilmour.x at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:51:38 CDT 2019

On 19/08/2019 17:59, Michael Maier wrote:

> If I got it correctly, asterisk provides a HEP3 client sending SIP data to a HEP server. HEP server could be Kamailio or Opensips e.g..
Correct.
> This seems to me pretty much oversized for my *current* goal to just get the decrypted signaling saved to pcap files. Is there a lean tool around like pcapsipdump which just acts as a HEP server and creates pcap-files for each call? Goal is to run it on a small APU 1 machine with SD card.

Possibly it's overkill for your setup - but Homer shouldn't be a
resource hog. It's designed for monitoring high call volumes.

The Homer UI also includes the ability to export decrypted (per call)
pcap files for offline analysis in Wireshark, etc. Possibly you could
modify the Homer code/config to automate the pcap file export so you
didn't have to run up the Homer UI to do it?

Regards,

Ian