[asterisk-dev] Questions on feature/patch process

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Apr 8 05:16:12 CDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019, at 7:05 PM, Dan Cropp wrote:

> I submitted a patch to git review earlier this week. I submitted it
> based on master branch for the issue I worked on.
>
> If we would like this to be part of a future asterisk 16 version, do I
> need to do any additional work for this using asterisk 16 as the source
> branch?

Generally if you add a new option it would be a new feature, and for inclusion into release branches (such as 16) it would also need a test to confirm the functionality going forward. Otherwise it really depends on the change whether it will go cleanly into 16. Usually it does and you can just cherry pick. If it doesn't you have to manually resolve any conflicts.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer