[asterisk-dev] Not able to see stun logs

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Oct 10 13:07:35 CDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:31 PM Balraj Singh <balraj.singh at zemosolabs.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Following is my rtp.conf config for Asterisk installed on AWS which also has a NAT in front of it and using a gateway too.
>
> [general]
> rtpstart=10002
> rtpend=20000
> rtcpinterval=9998
> rtpchecksums=no
> strictrtp=no
> icesupport=yes
> stunaddr=stun.l.google.com:19302
> ;stunaddr=xx.xx.xx.xx:3478 ;
>
> I have set stun debugging on using :
>
> stun set debug on
>
> I’m unable to see any logs with respect to stun. I simulated the same thing without a gateway on another asterisk installed on AWS with NAT in front of it. I’m able to see the stun logs.
> I tried with both Google’s stun server and my private stun server. Same results.
>
> Asterisk Version : 15.4.0
> OS: CentOS with NAT and gateway and Ubuntu with NAT.
>
> Please let me know if I’m doing anything wrong or you require to see more configurations to debug the issue.

This is probably a more appropriate question for the -users list.

If I'm reading main/stun.c correctly, I think that particular debug
command only displays debug messages upon packet reception (not
transmission).  It might be worth taking a pcap to verify whether or
not you see outbound stun packet traffic to your stun server as well.

Best wishes.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Asterisk Project Lead