[asterisk-dev] How about to support multi video tracks of the webrtc sfu?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Nov 19 09:59:44 CST 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 11:54 AM, Xiemin Chen wrote:
> I just made it works with multi video tracks of the echo stream demo by a
> few lines of source code change in apps/app_stream_echo.c:
>
> 249c249
> <                       // continue;
> ---
> >                       continue;
> 278c278
> <               } while (0);
> ---
> >               } while (--n);
>

> Mean while I have a little change in native client code to have two video
> tracks in one stream at the same time.
>
> So I think it's not a lot of code change if needs to do this task. I want
> to know your ideas, thanks very much.

The stream echo application is much simpler than the SFU, as it only has to do basic renegotiation/mapping. The code that the SFU relies upon is more complex as it has to keep track of the different streams and their mappings across all of the channels. This was done with a single source in mind, and the mapping process (and stream names) reflect that. I don't think the code will work out of the box, and until someone dives in there's no telling what needs to be really changed.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer