[asterisk-dev] SDP interop on SFU

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Mar 6 12:13:42 CST 2018

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018, at 12:59 PM, Luca Pradovera wrote:
> Hello,
> we are seeing some unexpected behavior when a SFU conference contains both
> a Chrome and a Firefox user. It looks like the SDP is not being generated
> or translated correctly.
>
> SDP Chrome - Chrome
> https://gist.github.com/edolix/75850d5cef44beae01d6f5076d6722c3
>
> SDP Chrome - Firefox
> https://gist.github.com/edolix/9bdfaa007272d8be275b4f2940fa11d5
>
> SDP Firefox - Firefox
> https://gist.github.com/edolix/a5ee0db0d7e1620d3de5b72bc4e3475e
>
> We have been trying to track down the source of this for a while. Any
> pointers on where to start?

I'd suggest using the latest release candidate of Asterisk. It includes a fix for Firefox that caused streams to not appear as expected.

As for what's going on - you'll need to clarify further on what exactly "unexpected behavior" means. What is the scenario? What are you doing? What are you expecting to happen versus what happens? What are you using for Javascript?

At a high level, though, Asterisk doesn't translate the SDP - it generates independent SDP for everyone in the unified plan format. In the case of Chrome this has to be translated to/from plan B to work.

Have you examined the Javascript console to see if the SDP is complained about at all?

--
Joshua Colp