[asterisk-dev] Testsuite python3 compatibility

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Thu Jun 21 06:36:10 CDT 2018

> I'm working off a laptop which gets hotter than I'd like

I guess, it is time for a new computer. As noted in the Gerrit review

<http://gerrit.asterisk.org/8854 I face not fails, lock-ups but

crashes. Here and there, not reproduceable. Without your patch, the

suite works 'quite' fine. Furthermore, I see a lot of regressions for

Python 2 already.

My computer is six years old and was not the fastest then either.

However, the fan does not even kick in. Last time, I did some

telemetry, and it looks like the test suite does not need much

resources. Although more than 8GB of RAM was cached/buffered at the

end (the machine has 16GB), only around 2GB were used at a time.

However, this computer is a dual-core with four threads (Intel Core

i5 @ Ivy Bridge). I guess, it is not the RAM or the SSD but those

threads which do the difference. If the telemetry is right, my

computer laughs about the test suite. Anyway, it takes 4 hours to get

through all the tests (976).

> I don't know which version of Fedora the wiki is based on.

I tested it, and my assumption was wrong. It cannot be Fedora,

because the suite (astest) fails since Fedora 20:

<http://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27904>. Even after I

had worked around that, I still see more than 50 failures. Therefore,

I guess, it must be CentOS 7. I give that a try next time when you

have newer diffs. Until now, the combination of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

(branch master) + Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (branch 15) was my best result

yet: 3 failures, 3 missing deps as mentioned. My steps are in

<http://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27897>.